May Book of the Month
What to Expect When You're Adopting... by Dr Ian Palmer
Adopting a child can be one of the most rewarding experiences anyone can have - for both the parents adn the child. But making the decision to adopt can be daunting and often overwhelming.
In this unique guide, leading psychiatrist Dr Ian Palmer does not gloss over the realities of the adoption process, but rather leads you through the many stages and emotional aspects involved and offers practical guidance on:
- Making crucial decisions with confidence
- Building a strong foundation for your family
- Separating the myths about adopted children from te realities
- Discovering the key to healthy attachment with your child
- Dealing with the issues of single-parent adoption, infertility and the option of remaining childless
Drawing on extensive research and the auithors's own experience of being adopted, What to ExpectWhen You'r Adopting... is a warm and sensitive guide, offering you the tools you need to decide whether adopting a child is the right step for you.
This book along with all previous books from our featured section can be borrowed from our library.
161 Constitution Street
0131 553 5060